Monday, May 25, 2015

Sugar

I was dreading the two days of no sugar. I started off strong! No coffee creamer, ate hard boiled eggs, limited my carbs but...I was angry as hell. Super irritable. I was silently cursing Shannon's challenge. I did well and ate a tuna salad for lunch and had a Paleo taco salad for dindin. Later I got hungry and had a protein shake but that didn't help. I eventually gave in and ate some biscotti cookies with a few grams of sugar in it. Sorry, Shannon but I suck at dieting. I guess I don't have the discipline to carry it out. One of these days I will better my diet. I don't know why it's such a damn near impossible task for me to eat healthy?! I hate that I have barely any self-discipline when it come to food.

I did promise myself that I would be in the best shape of my life at age 30 (which I turned earlier this year). I have to eat to perform, I know I do. So why can't I just do it? I know the history behind sugar and major health issues began occurring in association with the demand for sugar. I guess it really is an addiction as Shannon my professor said. When I began Whole 30 a few months ago, after I went through the "detox" phase I felt great but I just don't see myself eating like a a carnivorous rabbit for the rest of my life.
This was me when I was still active duty in Nov 2012 I think. 184 lbs.
This is me now. About 175 lbs.


I lost weight and am way more athletic than I was ever before thanks to a challenge from my best friend and Team Red, White, and Blue. If I could just have enough discipline to eat to perform, I would be an animal! I need to hold myself accountable and just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment