Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pain

Today, I started off with back pain and one of the exercises that I was doing for my partner killed me. I was super tight to the point where I was walking a little crooked. But when it was my turn to go through the relaxing exercise at the hands of my partner, I arose with the pain gone! I am so thankful that Shannon had us do those exercises because I deal with back pain so much and I am really tired of being in constant pain.

Anyways today I performed my monolog from Empire. I was told I did awesome so I hope to improve it even more for next weeks performance for faculty. My 5 other classmates did well too! Now we are going to work on our partner scenes. Madi is my partner and we almost chose a scene with a kiss involved but I don't think my wife would like that! I guess I could ask her just to see. I did mention it at the gym to her in a comical way and she was responded like, "Yea ok! That's not going to happen." LOL I'm laughing as I'm writing this. I wish you all could have seen her face!

The scene is from David Ives's Vanda in Fur. I'll be playing the director and Madi will play Vanda. It's the opening scene with out the opening monolog from the director and without Vanda's last comment before she leaves the studio after her disastrous non-existent audition. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment