Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day...

Timothy D. Sayne
Joseph Fenty
David Timmons
Terry Lynch
Brian Moquin
Brian Bradbury
Patrick Lybert
Jared Monti
Wakkuna Jackson
Christophe Marquis
Benjamin D. Keating
Justin O'Donohue
Nicholas Bernier

Bryan A. Devlin

Sean Dadaian
Greg Gorski


My mind is pretty cloudy right now as I just finished balling my eyes out. Memorial Day...it's one of the hardest fucking days I live through year after year. My oldest son thought I was laughing and then realized I was crying. He kind of helped me out of it through his innocence.

"What's wrong Daddy?"

"A lot of Daddy's friends died."

I can't even think of everybody right now...I guess I'll edit it as I remember. The top ones are KIA. The second half died in vehicle accident like Devlin who was my best friend and roommate from basic until we went our separate ways after our first tour in Afghanistan together. He knew my family and we spent so much time together. He died doing the only thing he to cope with his life...drinking and riding fast.

Patrick Lybert
Greg coped with his PTSD in the worst way possible. His funeral was tough but I was able to catch up with almost the entire A Trp 2nd PLT 5-1 CAV RSTA 1-25 SBCT 25 ID. That was a well needed bonding session with my boys. Dadaian lost his battle with PTSD.
Justin O'Donohue
Christophe Marquis


David Timmons

Sean p. Dadaian


MOH Jared C. Monti

Greg Gorski

Wakkuna Jackson

Col. Joseph Fenty

Terry Lynch

Timothy D. Sayne 

There's so much to write but I need to call a friend right now to make sure he's ok on this day. I just called and no answer. I hope he didn't change his number because it went to an automated voicemail instead of his actual voice. He's been roughing it since he got out the Army and I worry about him. I may not be a Medic anymore but I still care deeply for all my guys and will forever be their "Doc."

Just talked to my buddy I was worried about. He's good. He just woke up from his security job and he is doing well.



No comments:

Post a Comment