Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Real

Finally, while practicing my Empire monolog, I had a real moment. I actually felt my character and it was pretty cool. I felt him trying to explain about money through me to the audience. I physically got hot as if I was trying to explain something to someone who just didn't get it. I practiced with my wife several times and then headed to my neighbor's. I messed up the first time for him but nailed it the second time. I don't think he was expecting the profanity because he asked me about it. I explained to him that it's from the movie and he was like, "Oh ok, the profanity makes it more real." I pray tomorrow it feels real again and I have an outstanding performance.

While working on our monologs today I tried to act like I had been shot in the head and that didn't work. So then I was asked to act like I got hit in the chest by a bullet and it must have been so terrible because my professor nixed it completely (lol) and said, "Just act like you're looking at your dead body."

No comments:

Post a Comment